Saying Goodbye

Saying Goodbye

1. Preclosings and Responses

Sample phrases (from formal to informal)

a. Time-Related Expressions

    A: Well, I'm afraid I have to be going.
    B: Thank you for coming.
    A: I've got to go/run. It's getting late.
    B: All right. Take care of yourself.

b. Pleasantries

    A: It's been a wonderful evening.
    B: Yes, I've enjoyed it.
    A: I've enjoyed talking to you.
    B: Me, too.

c. Wishes to Keep in Touch

    A: Why don't we get together sometime?
    B: I'd like that.
    A: Drop by and see me sometime.
    B: Sure thing.

2. Closings and Responses

Sample phrases (from formal to informal)

    A: Goodbye.
    B: Goodbye.
    A: Have a nice day.
    B: You, too.
    A: See you later/around.
    B: So long.

See also:

Latest Articles at English Study Materials

Add to Google Reader or Homepage