Apologizing and Responding to Apologies

Apologizing and Responding to Apologies

Sample phrases (from formal to informal)

    A: I hope you'll forgive me for being late. I had a flat tire.
    B: That's quite all right/I understand completely. It can happen to anyone.
    A: Please accept my apologies for the mistakes in the report. I forgot to check it.
    B: You don't need/have to apologize. But next time, try to concentrate better.
    A: I (would like to) apologize for shouting at you yesterday. I lost control of myself.
    B: Don't worry about it. I just hope you'll keep your temper from now on.
    A: Excuse me! I didn't realize this was your seat/newspaper.
    B: That's OK. I'm leaving anyway/I've finished reading it.
    A: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to keep your book so long.
    B: No problem/No big thing. I won't need it until next semester.

See also:

Latest Articles at English Study Materials

Add to Google Reader or Homepage