Making and Responding to Introductions

Making and Responding to Introductions

1. Third-party introductions

Sample phrases (from formal to informal)

    A: It's my pleasure to introduce Dr. Smith.
    B: How do you do?
    C: How do you do?
    A: I'd like to introduce Mr. Thomson.
    B: I'm glad to meet you.
    C: The pleasure is mine.
    A: Let me introduce you to Tony Brown.
    B: Pleased to meet you.
    C: Nice meeting you, too.
    A: I'd like you to meet Barbara.
    B: Good to meet you.
    C: I've heard so much about you.
    A: This is Sam.
    B: Nice to meet you.
    C: Same here.

2. Self-introductions

Sample phrases (from formal to informal)

    A: May I introduce myself? I'm Timothy Johnson.
    B: It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Mary Leslie.
    A: Hello. My name is Gordon Brown.
    B: How do you do? I'm Helen Bradley.
    A: I don't think we've met. I'm Pat.
    B: Good to meet you. I'm Lisa.
    A: Hi. I'm Ted.
    B: Hi. I'm Sandy.

See also:

Latest Articles at English Study Materials

Add to Google Reader or Homepage